Twitter Updates

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The year 2007 has long gone home, it is now 08

Great in 08 is my new motto (okay lame, I know) but it is going to be one great year. This year Huy and I get married, we take our first international trip together (alone) to Thailand and Veitnam, a new home and a husband!
Okay, so I mentioned the marriage thing twice, but he
y, I am excited!
This weekend I got a chance to go check out the wedding site and do some final paperwork. It was great to back to see the site again especially in daylight and get pumped! The site looked better than I remember and it was still slightly decorated from a wedding the night before, so the festivity was hanging in the air with the misty fog. This is a picture of the tree that Huy and I say "I do" under.


I made Beth play the part of the bride and stand under the tree for a few pictures, while directing her position I found some leftover rose petals from the night before and Beth couldn't resist in tossing a few in air. Okay, so I made her do that too, but I know she secretly enjoyed it, look at her smile!

After a muddy walk over to the reception tent, we made a new friend. I named him Ben and I wanted to take him home, but it seems that he belonged to someone else. He made the reception site that much more charming, we are so inviting him to the wedding!


Seeing the inside of the tent made this dream of getting married seem like a reality. It looked beautiful. Mind you I have an active imagination, so what you can't see in the picture, I made up to be the most amazing room with candle light, paper lanterns and lots of rannaculus flowers.

To end of the day, Beth and I went to lunch at Wood Ranch BBQ joint, it was one of Huy's favorite restaurants while he was in college at Pepperdine in Malibu. Well, to honor Huy's non-presence at the wedding planning day (because he is off in Germany gallivanting with the boys) we had a scrumptious lunch with out him full of tri tip and mashed potatoes!

Wedding planning has had it's moments, it has been fun, somewhat stressful when trying to make decisions but really it has been fun to dream about the wedding with Huy. Looking at the site only increases my excitement and makes me forget about all the little details left to be done.